Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello family and friends! Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is having a good one! Eat some pumpkin pie for me! Korean Thanksgiving was in September I think, so we are not celebrating here. And they don't have turkey here either :( We might go out to dinner tonight, but nothing special.

Not too much going on here. It is almost the end of the month so we are giving a lot of tests and doing a lot of evaluations at school. School is going really well. I am getting to know all of my students better. I had one of my afternoon classes do a play yesterday and they had a lot of fun! They each wanted to read every part! It is fun watching the students learn English. I like having conversations with them. Today in my kindergarten class, we made snowmen for art class. They told me all about the winter here and how they each celebrate Christmas. I am happy to know that Koreans celebrate Christmas. The Christian population is pretty big here. I still haven't decided what I am going to do for the break yet. I get paid soon! It's going to be funny to see millions in my bank account. Too bad it's Won and not dollars!

Anyways, I should be getting my Alien Registration card any day now, which means, I will have internet at home! WHich also means, I can post pictures! I can't wait for you all to see my adorable students! We are taking class photos tomorrow. Should be fun! Hope everyone is having fun and eating lots!

xoxoxoxo
-Liz

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Lizzie: Elaine, Grandma and myself are preparing for our family dinner. It will be small as your people and Kathy's people are doing their own things. Should still be fun. We dropped ReRe off at the airport to spend the holiday with Andy. Grandma is in charge of deviled eggs and celery with cream cheese. She'll be so busy! Sounds like you're loving your job and Korea. Enjoy it all. One of Elaine's teachers is planning to head your way next year. Have a wonderful Thanks-giving with fun people and find something good to eat. Love, Rosie and Elaine

Betsy said...

Hi Lizzie:

Happy Thanksgiving, we miss you! Your father is starting to cook the turkey & all; I made pies yesterday. Jamie, Joe, Molly & Carter are coming over. Paulie, Courtney & Shea will stop by for dessert. Won't be the same w/o you coming over early & chatting while we wait for the others to get here. We'll do a "toast" to you today. Know that you're in our thoughts today and every day!

Love you,
Mom & Dad

P.S. I'm watching the St. Louis Thanksgiving Day Parade; did I ever drag you to it? It's so lamo but it's all we have!!

st. louisan in seoul said...

yea!, to internet and blogs